We are delighted to welcome you to Hazeltine National Golf Club. Hazeltine expects and requires the highest standards of conduct by all members and guests as they play the game. Please take a moment to observe our customs and traditions.View Guest Information
When arriving, we request you use our bag drop, valet, and our locker rooms. Our staff is here to help create a memorable golf experience. Please use the locker room to change your shoes and clothes.
Hazeltine’s strong preference is that players walk the course. We have a strong caddie program; however, push carts are complementary to members and their guests. If you require a golf cart, your host will make the necessary arrangements. At no time should carts be driven closer than 30 feet from greens, bunkers, and tees, and in no case may carts be taken on the 16th fairway.
Pace of Play
Members and guests are expected to play a round of golf in 4 hours 10 minutes or less. Our culture embraces ready golf, pick up if you’re out of the hole and putt continuously when appropriate. If your group is approached by a member of the golf staff about pace of play, please do whatever is necessary to keep up with the group in front of you.
Cell phone conversation is not permitted on the course, practice facility, or in the clubhouse, except in designated areas. Text and email are permissible if audible alerts are turned off.
- North Tee (near Clubhouse) is for pre-round warm-up only.
- South Tee is for member-only practice and lessons.
Clubhouse Attire - Smart casual and/or golf attire is required inside the dining room during all hours. This includes most golf attire sold in the Club’s golf shop or other like clubs. Golf attire must be consistent with current golf trends and the styles sold in our golf shop but does not include casual wear such as t-shirts. Smart casual attire means a combination of well-fitting, polished business wear with elements of casual attire—blouses, polo shirts, button-downs, chinos, dress pants, or styled jeans. On the spectrum of formality, smart casual lies between dressy casual (jeans and blouses) and business casual (dress pants). Inside the clubhouse, hats are not permitted for men. Hats are permitted for women.
Prohibited Attire - T-shirts, distressed clothing with extensive rips, holes, or cut-outs, overt cropped tops, gym or workout attire, hooded sweatshirts not considered “golf attire,” clothing with decals or logos not associated with golf (e.g., sports jerseys).
All Golf Course Grounds and Practice Areas
- Men – Collared golf shirts or mock turtlenecks, golf slacks, Bermuda style golf shorts, golf style outerwear, and sweaters are acceptable. Shirts must be tucked in at all times. Hats are to be worn with the brim facing forward and must be removed when entering the clubhouse.
- Women – Golf skirts, shorts, slacks. Sleeved and sleeveless golf shirts are acceptable.
- Prohibited Attire – Cargo style shorts or pants, tee shirts, tank tops, jogging shorts, gym shorts, halter or strapless tops, cut off shorts, jogging shorts, denim /jeans of any kind